- Enjoy the most complete surround sound experience with latest audio formats Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and Auro-3D built-in. Most remarkably, the 9 channel amplification allows for setting up a 7.1.2 or 5.1.4 3D experience out of box. The AVR-X4400H even supports 7.1.4 speaker configuration by adding an external stereo amplifier thanks to its 11.2 channel processing capability.
Powerful 11.2 Channel Amp with Eco Mode.
- The AVR-X4400H features a sophisticated power amplifier section with all 9 channels configured identically, employing discrete high current capable power transistors. Each channel is rated at 125 watts per channel (8 ohms, THD0.05%, 20Hz~20kHz), and all channels are able to safely drive lower impedance speakers (down to 4 ohms). There’s also an Auto Eco mode that adjusts the maximum power available according to the volume level as well as an on-screen Eco meter that lets you see the power consumption reduction in real time.
Ready for The Future of Home Theater.
- The AVR-X4400H’s advanced video section is fully compatible with the latest HDMI and HDCP 2.2 specifications and prepared for any 4K Ultra HD source. High Dynamic Range (HDR), Dolby Vision compatibility, Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) and eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel) are at hand as well. You can also enjoy ultra-high-definition pictures from legacy analog and digital sources.
The Heart of Your Wireless Network.
- Every sound, all your music, controlled effortlessly. Full wireless connectivity is provided via both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, Apple Airplay is supported. The built-in HEOS technology allows the AVR-X4400H to become the app-controlled heart of a whole-house wireless multi-room sound network.
Perfect Set-Up from The Start.
- The AVR-X4400H easily guides you through the set-up process to ensure the most accurate configuration. Optimize all settings for the best possible sound and video quality with your system from the get-go. The most advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT32 room measurement system provides for best sound in every room.
- Feel every dimension in Dolby Atmos. Dolby Atmos transports you into the story with moving audio that flows all around you with breathtaking realism. Enjoy a 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound speaker system and 4 additional overhead speakers or 4 Dolby Atmos elevation speakers for the ultimate home theater experience - including Dolby Surround upmixer for legacy content.
- DTS:X™ immersive audio places sound where it would occur naturally in space, creating a lifelike, multi-dimensional audio experience in the home. The improved immersion and heightened realism draw you into the world of your favorite movies. The included spatial remapping engine, DTS Neural:X™, gives your movie, game and music collections a new lease on life! DTS:X brings the theater home.
- Auro-3D® elevates the home theater experience to amazing new levels by delivering the excitement of three-dimensional sound for music, games, broadcast, and films while enhancing your existing audio-visual collection, thanks to Auromatic up-mixing engine.
Latest HDMI Specs with Earc
- All eight HDMI inputs and three HDMI outputs feature HDCP 2.2 compatibility and the latest HDMI specifications, including 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through support. It is even ready for Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) for 3D audio playback through TV apps. The feature will be enabled via a future firmware update.
Advanced Video Section
- The AVR-X4400H owns an advanced video processor to upscale existing lower resolution video from any analog or digital source to true 4K. With three HDMI outputs, you can even connect a TV and a projector in the main room, while playing back different content on a second zone screen.
HDR / Dolby Vision
- The AVR-X4400H supports High Dynamic Range (HDR) video format. It is even ready for Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma). Dolby Vision transforms the viewing experiences with astonishing brightness, contrast, and color. HLG offers HDR technology over broadcast content.
AUDYSSEY MULTEQ XT32
- The AVR-X4400H features the most advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT32 room acoustic measurement system including Audyssey Dynamic Volume, Dynamic EQ, LFC and SubEQ HT. Through these technologies, and with the supplied microphone, it exactly analyzes each speaker's output to optimize the overall listening experience.
- The AVR-X4400H is equipped with an advanced dual antenna system for robust and error-free streaming, featuring Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity as well as Apple's AirPlay for direct music playback from Apple's iDevices.
Denon + HEOS App
- With the "Denon 2016 AVR Remote" app you can control the receiver's operation and even control your connected Denon Blu-ray player. With the HEOS app you easily command your music and multi-room streaming.
- Store your preferred set-up and sound mode for every source, so that you can jump right to them by the push of a button on the front panel and the remote control.
- The AVR owns a sophisticated DSP audio processing system that incorporates no less than 4 powerful high speed fourth generation SHARC DSP processors, which together have a combined continuous processing capability of 10 GFLOPS (10 billion floating point numerical computations per second).
High Resolution Audio
- The AVR-X4400H features high resolution audio decoding with multiple lossless file types including ALAC, FLAC and WAV at up to 24-bit/196-kHz along with compatibility for 2.8/5.6-MHz DSD files (DSD is the audio coding format of SACD).
- AL32 Processing Multi-channel provides ultra-high-resolution digital audio filtering and precision for all audio channels, to deliver a natural soundstage with enhanced imaging. For contents recorded in multi-channel such as Blu-ray discs, the recorded low frequency effects (LFE) may be out of synch and delayed. Bass Sync technology corrects such a delay of low frequency effects for the perfect audio experience.
32-BIT D/A Conversion
- For optimum fidelity and the widest dynamic range with lowest distortion, the AVR-X4400H features advanced reference-class 32-bit AKM AK4458VN D/A converters on all channels. This ensures consistent high fidelity and precise channel matching across all channels for the ultimate listening experience.
Get the Amazing HEOS Experience.
- Enjoy your favorite music anywhere – and everywhere – around your home. Share music stored on your home network, Internet radio or streaming services with HEOS wireless speakers, or even other HEOS-capable receivers, throughout the house. Control it all with the free HEOS app. Enjoy music from TuneIn, Internet Radio and a wide range of streaming services including Pandora®, Spotify®, Amazon Prime Music, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Soundcloud®, Tidal, Napster or Deezer.
External Control and IP Control Capabilities.
- The AVR-X4400H is part of Denon's range of IN·Command series of custom integration friendly AV components, equipped with a range of features to provide enhanced control capabilities and compatibility with 3rd party and custom integration solutions.
- The AVR-X4400H features IP control capability for an integration with major 3rd party control devices and Control4 SDDP (Simple Device Detection Protocol) certification for quick and easy integration with Control4 home automation equipment. For direct connection to external home automation and control equipment, it's also equipped with an RS-232C serial port.
- For simpler integrated control set-ups, the AVR-X4400H features an IR (infrared) remote control input on the rear panel, allowing remote control compatibility with other components in your home theater system.