Experience the peak of Marantz AV expertise in the new flagship SR8012 – the first-ever 11.2-channel Marantz receiver that raises the bar for home theater. Envelop yourself in thrilling and immersive surround sound with Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and Auro 3D, the latest codecs able to drive overhead speakers for a true 3D sound experience. The receiver's 11 high-quality amplifier stages enhance audio performance via carefully selected high-grade audio components including Marantz Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules, or HDAMs, used in Current Feedback topology. These pass the signal to the power stages, each providing 205W of pure Marantz power and finesse to drive a full 7.1.4-channel home cinema setup without the need for additional external amplifiers. And the SR8012 uses advanced Marantz sound-tuning throughout, drawing in features from the company's Reference two-channel models, including a copper chassis and an oversized, shielded toroidal transformer built to Marantz specification — plus high-current main power supply capacitors also made to the Marantz engineers' exacting standards.
With built-in HEOS technology, the SR8012 becomes a part of a HEOS wireless multi-room music network, enabling you to enjoy your favorite music anywhere around your home. Explore, browse, and play music from your music library, online streaming music services, or thousands of internet radio stations, using the free HEOS app.
- 11.2 channel AV Receiver with 205W per channel – Enough power to fill big rooms with renowned Marantz sound
- Latest HDMI standard for future-proof compatibility – 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR, BT.2020, Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) pass-through
- High-end build-quality for the ultimate in audio performance – Single board per channel power amplifier design; centrally mounted, oversized toroidal transformer; copper-plated chassis
- Extended connectivity: ready to feed a TV and projector in parallel, and even a display in a second room – Eight HDMI inputs (including one front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; Three HDMI outputs (including Zone 2)
- eARC supports the most advanced audio formats such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via single HDMI connection between AVRs and compatible TVs – eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) support via firmware update
- HD video quality from existing DVDs or analog sources – Analog to HDMI conversion and SD to HD/4K Upscaling
- Immersive 3D sound with effects from overhead – Dolby Atmos (up to 7.1.4 or 9.1.2), DTS:X™, and Auro-3D built-in
- Improved network stability especially in crowded homes – Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support
- Built-in HEOS Wireless Multi-Room Audio Technology – Integrated with other HEOS devices for whole-house entertainment
- Access to almost unlimited online music sources – AirPlay, Bluetooth, Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, TIDAL, Deezer and more
- High Resolution audio streaming with gapless playback – DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC and WAV support
- Delivering the ultimate optimization and equalization for your room – Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
- Hassle-free installation, setup and operation – Color-coded speaker terminals, Setup Assistant, Marantz 2016 AVR Remote App
- Energy-conscious without compromising on performance Intelligent ECO mode with off/on/auto setting
- Advanced multiroom options; 11.2-channel processing with pre-outs for all channels; RS232 control; Crestron Connected > Audio and video around the home; expandable surround; ready for third party home automation systems
The Ultimate in Marantz Build and Sound Quality
- With unparalleled Marantz performance, the new top-of-the-line SR8012 AV receiver is made for those wanting the ultimate audio and video experience. Its symmetrical, monolithic amplifier design gives it 11 identical amplifier channels, each delivering 205W per channel, for seamless surround sound integration. The design also brings to the Marantz AV receiver line a large toroidal transformer, mounted centrally for mechanical balance, a copper plated chassis, selected audio components throughout and high-grade speaker terminals. The SR8012 opens a new chapter in the illustrious history of Marantz AV receivers.
Latest HDMI Connectivity; HDCP 2.2 Compatible
- Along with eight HDMI inputs, including one conveniently located on the front panel for quick connection, the SR8012 has an advanced video section supporting the latest HDMI specification, including 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 21:9 video, 3D and BT.2020. Dolby Vision pass-through support is available on every input, with pass-through for HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma), a new broadcast HDR format, to be supported via a future firmware update.
- HDCP 2.2 compatibility for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content means the SR8012 is ready for the next generation of Blu-ray disc players, set-top boxes and 4K Ultra HD streams and downloads. Its video processor can transcode and upconvert analog and digital video content to 4K Ultra HD, breathing new life into your favorite legacy sources. Three HDMI outputs are provided - two for the main zone, so you can run a TV and projector in parallel, and one for a second zone.
- Feel every dimension in Dolby Atmos. Dolby Atmos transports you into the story with moving audio that flows all around you with breathtaking realism. Enjoy a 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound speaker system and four additional overhead speakers or four Dolby Atmos elevation speakers, without the need for external amplification. Own the ultimate home theater experience - including Dolby Surround upmixer for legacy content.
- DTS:X™ immersive audio places sound where it would occur naturally in space, creating a lifelike, multi-dimensional audio experience in the home. The improved immersion and heightened realism draw you into the world of your favorite movies. The included spatial remapping engine, DTS Neural:X™, gives your movie, game and music collections a new lease on life! DTS:X brings the theater home.
- Putting you in a cocoon of life-like sound. Auro-3D® elevates the home theater experience to amazing new levels by delivering the excitement of three-dimensional sound for music, games, broadcast, and films while enhancing your existing audio-visual collection, thanks to Auromatic up-mixing engine.
HDMI eARC Object-Based Audio Support
- eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) supports the transmission of 3D audio from your TV apps with a single HDMI connection for the simplest setup. This feature will be enabled via a future firmware update.
Built-in Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and AirPlay Capability
- Featuring Bluetooth & Wi-Fi wireless streaming connectivity, the SR8012 is equipped with an advanced dual antenna transceiver system for robust streaming even in congested urban environments. With Apple's AirPlay compatibility, you can enjoy listing to your favorite tracks wirelessly from your iOS device such as iPhone and iPad.
Introducing HEOS: Your Perfect Solution for Wireless Multi-Room Music Streaming
- The SR8012's built-in HEOS technology allows you to stream and play back your favorite music wirelessly from literally unlimited sources. Enjoy music from Spotify, TuneIn Internet Radio, Amazon Music, Sound Cloud, Tidal, Napster, Deezer, or your local music file libraries (availability of music services differ per country). With additional HEOS components like the HEOS speaker range or other HEOS-capable receivers, you can play all your music throughout the whole house. Control it all effortlessly with the free HEOS app.
HEOS + Alexa — Speak Your Commands
- Use your voice to stream your favorite music services to this HEOS-enabled device. Ask Alexa to play music from Pandora, Spotify, Amazon Music and much more.
- Switch between inputs (Blu-ray, DVD, Media Player, etc.), turn volume up or down, pause, mute and play the next song — all with your voice.
- To start streaming with Alexa voice commands, open the Alexa app and select “Skills.” Add HEOS Home Entertainment to enable. Then, go to Smart Home in the Alexa app menu and choose Devices and Discover or say “Alexa, discover my devices.”
- With HEOS Home Entertainment and Alexa, you can stream to this product and any other HEOS-enabled device.
Marantz AVR Remote App
- The Marantz 2016 AVR Remote app gives you unprecedented control over the latest generation of Marantz network AV Receivers, from iOS and Android phones and tablets. Control power, volume, input and settings, or switch within the app to the HEOS app to access an incredible range of music content and streaming services, all with full HEOS wireless multi-room control.
- Discover the incredible fidelity of high-resolution audio with the SR8012's ability to decode up to 24-bit/192-kHz ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks (the audiophile format of SACD). Play hi-res music via the front panel USB port and network sources, or listen to other popular file types such as MP3.
Advanced 32-bit D/A Conversion On All Channels
- For optimum fidelity and the widest dynamic range with lowest distortion, the SR8012 features advanced reference-class 32-bit AKM D/A converters on all channels. This ensures consistent high fidelity and precise channel matching across all channels for the ultimate listening experience.
High Grade Audio Components; Marantz HDAM and Current Feedback Topology
- Featuring exclusive Marantz HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology found on our Reference Series components, the SR8012 incorporates multiple HDAM modules, which provide superior low noise, wideband performance in an all-discrete configuration compared to conventional op amp ICs. HDAM technology provides an ultra-fast slew rate for true wideband response and maximum dynamic range to deliver optimum sound quality with today’s high-resolution audio formats. In addition to HDAM technology, the SR8012 also features Current Feedback instead of the typical voltage feedback configuration. A Marantz innovation introduced on our very first audiophile amplifiers more than 60 years ago, Current Feedback technology provides a wide, closed-loop bandwidth and very high slew rate, delivering superior fidelity with wideband audio sources.
Advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT32
- Equipped with the flagship Audyssey suite of features, the SR8012 features Audyssey MultEQ XT32 automatic room acoustic correction using advanced DSP algorithms. With the supplied measurement microphone, it analyzes the output of each speaker (including the subwoofers) at up to eight measurement locations, then generates precision digital filters that optimize each channel for the best possible sound.
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume smooths out annoying jumps in volume (such as TV commercials), letting you listen at lower levels while still enjoying clear dialogue, music and sound effects, and still provides full-range clarity.
- Audyssey Low Frequency Containment uses advanced psychoacoustic algorithms to deliver a full-range balance, including deep bass, without disturbing close-by neighbors or those in other rooms. Plus, it features a multi-step adjustment.
- Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual DSP tailoring of each subwoofer in a dual subwoofer setup, allowing deeper bass with improved definition when compared to a single subwoofer configuration.
The Audyssey MultEQ Editor App
The SR8012 supports the brand-new Audyssey MultEQ Editor app. Go ‘under the hood’ to view and adjust settings for detailed tuning, customize the sound more precisely to the specific problems in your room and tailor the sound to your personal preferences.
- View the speaker detection results to check correct installation.
- View before and after results of the Audyssey calibration, making it easy to identify room problems.
- Edit the Audyssey target curve for each channel pair to suit your tastes.
- Edit the EQ frequency adjustment range for each channel pair.
- Switch between 2 high frequency roll-off target curves.
- Enable/disable midrange compensation to make the vocal region brighter or smoother.
- Save and load calibration results.
The Audyssey MultEQ Editor app for Android and iOS is available for purchase from the Apple AppStore or Google Play Store.
External Control Capabilities
- The SR8012 has a range of features to provide enhanced control and compatibility with third party and custom integration solutions, including IP control, either via wired LAN connection or Wi-Fi. For compatibility with other components, there's a remote control input and output on the rear panel, plus a flasher input and a 12V trigger output. For direct connection to external home automation and control equipment, use the RS-232C serial port. The SR8012 also features Crestron Connected for quick and easy integration with home automation equipment.
Dual Subwoofer Outputs
- A single subwoofer demands optimal placement to avoid audible peaks and dips in the low-frequency response at the main listening position. The SR8012 supports two subwoofers: used in different locations, these will even out the low-frequency response for more accurate bass anywhere in the room.
- Whatever your family's entertainment needs, the SR8012 delivers: you can enjoy 7.1-channel surround sound in the main room and play stereo sound from another source in a different part of the house at the same time. Simply connect a pair of stereo speakers to the multi-room amplified outputs, or hook up a separate stereo amp and speakers to the Zone 2 pre-outs.
Smart TV Connectivity
- Via the HDMI CEC (consumer electronics control) functionality on some Smart TVs, it's possible to control the SR8012 with the TV's remote handset. With the receiver's "HDMI control" set to ON, set "Smart Menu" receiver control functions. The TV's Smart Menu home screen will provide direct access to source and surround mode selections, the main setup menu and Smart Select configuration presets.
Simple Smart Select Functions
- The SR8012 has four Smart Select buttons on the front panel and the remote control: each stores a preferred setup – input, volume and Audyssey configuration – for a source. Push one button and the SR8012 can be perfectly configured for anything, from Blu-ray to your favorite Internet radio station.
Easy To Setup, Easy To Use
- For easy installation, the SR8012's horizontal row of premium loudspeaker terminals is color coded, with a set of matching cable-labels supplied to ensure correct hook-up. The AVR's clear graphical on-screen display has an exclusive Setup Assistant, combining with the Quick Start guide to provide guidance and optimize critical settings for the best possible sound quality, whatever your configuration.
More than 60 Years of Audiophile Heritage
- Founded in 1953, Marantz has a long and rich history of designing audio components embraced by music lovers and critical listeners around the world. Because Music Matters so much in our lives, the SR8012 carries on our long tradition of delivering superlative stereo listening, as well as the ultimate home theater experience.