With a fully discrete current feedback design, the PM8006 integrated amplifier is perfect for audiophiles who require both excellent music quality and flexible operation. The PM8006 offers a powerful 2x 70W into 8 ohm build, while the symmetrical circuits provide optimal imaging. To ensure the most immersive musical experience, the amplifier uses new Marantz-designed electric volume control and Marantz Musical Phono EQ preamp stage, created to obtain the purest signal from beloved vinyl by minimizing noise levels. To further remove interference, new isolating feet are used to support the amplifier, combining high density and a damping fiber.
The PM8006 also includes preamp outputs along with a power amp direct input, allowing you to use the unit as a standalone power amplifier for integration into a multi-channel home theater system. For precise sound tailoring, our triple tone control system provides separate controls for the bass, midrange and treble. The elegant remote control features an ergonomic layout for easy operation, and can control accompanying source players.
- Integrated Current Feedback Amplifier with 2x 70W / 8 ohm rms
- Newly designed electric volume circuit
- Exceptional Marantz Musical Phono EQ stage
- Marantz proprietary HDAM-SA3 circuits
- Triple layer bottom plate
- Gold Plated Inputs/Outputs incl. Phono (MM) input
- Double shielded Toroidal Transformer and high quality customized components
- High quality, original Marantz SPKT-1+ Speaker Terminals (A / B switchable)
- Current Feedback amplification is a well-known, Marantz-original circuit technology, thoughtfully designed to match the requirements of Super Audio hi-res music for wide-bandwidth, high-speed reproduction. The impedance at the Current Feedback point is limited, generating a very low phase shift. Marantz Current Feedback amplifiers reduce the need for phase compensation by minimizing Negative Feedback (NFB). This simplifies the signal path and results in a high through-rate, excellent transient response and superb sonic transparency across the full bandwidth. Unlike conventional Voltage Feedback topology, Current Feedback also makes the power amplifier insensitive to difficult loudspeaker loads.
Marantz HDAM Technology
- Marantz developed its own discrete circuit boards called Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Modules, or HDAMs, to replace the chip based amps used elsewhere. Using discrete surface mount components with short mirror-image left and right signal paths, HDAMs outperform the regular integrated Op-amps dramatically in Slew Rate and noise level. The result is much more dynamic, accurate and detailed sound. Over the years, Marantz has developed different HDAMs to fit the particular requirements of players and amplifiers. The PM8006 uses the high-grade SA3 version.
Marantz Musical Phono EQ
- For a long time, Marantz integrated amplifiers have featured high-quality phono stages. We’ve elevated our commitment to vinyl with the Marantz Musical Phono EQ stage, as seen in the PM8006 amplifier. Enjoy the very best playback of all music sources, be they digital or analog. Marantz Musical Phono EQ uses two-stage amplification, allowing less gain per stage for lower distortion. The PM8006 combines Marantz HDAM technology with JFETs (junction gate field-effect transistors) in the input stage, providing high input impedance that eliminates the need for AC coupling capacitors and simplifies the signal path, vastly improving the signal purity overall.
- Marantz rethought the re-equalization process within the phono stage, splitting it into passive and active sections for more accurate equalization. The RIAA correction is carried out within an HDAM, while amplification is in the hands of a high-quality op-amp that runs in Class A mode for minimal distortion and clean, open sound. With Marantz Musical Phono EQ there’s no need to consider upgrading the PM8006 with offboard phono stage — the amplifier already includes premium-class phono capability for optimized playback of all formats.
- A Toroidal transformer offers several advantages that derive from its efficiency and power capability. The shape of it lends to low levels of electromagnetic radiation and mechanical vibration, producing improved sound quality over what you might experience with dated transformer models.
Often Under Estimated: High Quality Volume Control
- Newly developed electric volume control uses the latest volume control IC to realize better channel separation and dynamic range and distortion-reduction, while retaining the operational feel of an analog volume control device. The amplifier employs new Marantz-designed electric volume control for high linearity and best-in-class channel separation.
High Quality, Original Marantz SPKT-1+ Speaker Terminals
- The terminals are made of massive brass with a thick silver plating, providing the best possible contact with speaker cables. We’ve mounted the main speaker terminals lower, reducing the signal path and generating better speed and dynamics via High Instantaneous Current topology.
- Channels: 2
- Current Feedback Topology
- Phono EQ: Class A
- HDAM version: SA3, SA2
- Power Transformer: Toroidal
- High Grade Audio Components
- Customised Components
- Symmetric PCB Layout
- Aluminium extrusion heat sink
- Tri Tone Control (Bass / Mid / Treble)
- Balance / Bass / Treble
- Linear Drive Power Supply
- Liniear volume control
- Shottky diodes
- Input buffer amp (CD only)
- Double Layer Bottom Plate: triple
- Source Direct
- Power Amp direct
- Audio Inputs: 6
- Phono Input: MM
- Audio Outputs: 1
- Pre-out: 1
- Power Amp Direct IN
- Gold Plated Cinch
- Speaker A / B
- Speaker Terminal: Marantz SPKT-1+
- Number of terminals: 4
- Headphone Out
- Power Output (8 / 4 Ohm RMS): 70 W / 100 W
- Frequency response: 5 Hz-100 kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.02 %
- Damping Factor: 100
- Input Sensitivity: MM - 2 mV / 47 kOhm
- Signal to Noise Ratio: MM - 87 dB
- Input Sensitivity: High level - 200 mV / 20 kOhm
- Signal to Noise Ratio: High level - 106dB (2V input)
- Input Sensitivity: Power Amp Direct IN - 1.6V / 15 kOhm
- Signal to Noise Ratio: Power Amp Direct IN - 125 dB
- Metal Front Panel
- Power Consumption in W: 220
- Standby Consumption in W: 0.2
- Auto Power off
- Detachable Power Cable
- Remote Control: RC001PMND
- System Remote Function
- Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H) in mm: (440 x 379 x 128)
- Weight in kg: 12.0