Standing 45" tall with a unique upswept trapezoidal shape and striking edge treatments, the Ultra Tower creates a dramatic visual statement. Premium-grade finishes in piano gloss black and real black oak veneer complement this contemporary design.
But at SVS beauty is never just skin-deep. The Ultra Tower delivers a deep and detailed soundstage with incredible resolution, absolute transparency, and amazingly rich and articulated bass – outperforming other brands costing two and three times their price.
Dramatic Styling Yields Sonic Benefits
- The stunning Ultra Tower cabinet design yields numerous sonic benefits. The non-parallel cabinet panels reduce standing waves within the cabinet, effectively eliminating frequency response coloration. The wedge-shaped front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response. Even the grille design is FEA-optimized to maximize acoustic transparency.
- Each cabinet also employs two separate sealed midrange enclosures to optimize performance and minimize negative interaction between drivers. In addition, the cabinet bracing is FEA-optimized, the cabinet midrange/tweeter baffles are 1" thick and the woofer baffles are an amazing 1.5" thick. This robust construction eliminates structural resonances and ensures the cabinet remains acoustically inert for uncolored response even at the highest drive levels.
1” Aluminum Dome Tweeter
- Light, efficient, and rigid, providing high SPL (Sound Pressure Level) with minimal distortion and the sense of utter transparency. It deploys a Finite-Element-Analysis (FEA) optimized diffuser to ensure the tweeter only has the perfect on-axis and off-axis frequency response. That way everyone in your listening room gets the best performance. Likewise, since we share these design traits with both the Prime and Ultra speakers, both product lines can blend well with one another while offering that SVS hallmark ‘airy’ presentation and incredibly unveiled highs.
Dual 6.5” Midrange Drivers
- Composite glass-fiber cone with excellent stiffness/mass ratio which improves sensitivity and maintains pistonic behavior well beyond the pass-band of the driver.
- Vented voice coil former to minimize air compression artifacts at high drive levels.
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and improve high frequency response.
- Cast aluminum basket to ensure precise alignment of critical components and enhance heat-sinking capacity.
Dual 8” Woofers
- Long-stroke motor and suspension for low distortion and high output capability
- Heavy duty voice coil for enhanced power handling and thermal management
- Vented voice coil former to minimize air compression artifacts at high drive levels
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and improve high frequency response
Forcefactor Woofer Array
- The unique ForceFactor horizontally-opposed dual woofer configuration results in mechanical force cancellation for reduced distortion and cleaner, tighter bass response.
- The ForceFactor array also eliminates cabinet vibration, which could otherwise modulate the mid/high frequencies – so the soundstage is always stable and crystal clear.
- Also, since the four woofers all fire in different directions, the acoustical loading and modal density in the listening space is greatly enhanced. No matter where you sit, the bass response will be effortless, smooth and accurate, and free of room-based anomalies.
- Dual gold-plated 5-way binding posts
- 3.5" wide-flared rear-firing port
- Frequency Response: 28 Hz - 32 kHz (± 3 dB)
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
- Elastomer screw-in feet - adjustable for level
- Spiked metal screw-in feet included - adjustable for level
- Cabinet Dimensions: 45.6” (H) x 13.8” (W) x 16.5” (D) (without grille)
- Overall Dimensions: 45.6” (H) x 13.8” (W) x 16.8” (D) (with grille)
- Shipped Dimensions: 50.3" (H) X 21.3" (W) X 22.3" (D)