Designed for two-channel purists and home theater fans alike, there simply isn’t a finer bookshelf monitor available at even twice the price. Equally adept up front in home theater or 2-channel settings, or even as a surround speaker. No matter what your listening preference, the Prime Bookshelf is the most flexible performer in the Prime speaker line. The handsome styling and high-end finishes result in a premium look that inspires pride—even before you’ve hit the power button. Matched with both the Prime and Ultra Center, Prime Satellites, and SVS subwoofers, the Prime Bookshelves can be the cornerstone or a stunning supportive element to any audio system.
In a 2-channel setting, Prime Bookshelf delivers a full and rich stand-alone audio experience with a 6.25” woofer for deep and articulate bass and a 1” aluminum dome tweeter for air presentation and unrivaled highs —true to the legacy of high-end, 2-way monitors. Stereo purists will rejoice at the amazing imaging, soundstage and fidelity delivered by the Prime Bookshelf. Whether you’re kicking back Saturday evening with a single malt and Dylan, or enjoying freshly ground coffee Sunday morning with Brubeck – the Prime Bookshelf has it covered.
1” Aluminum Dome Tweeter
- Light, efficient, and rigid, providing high SPL (Sound Pressure Level) with minimal distortion and the sense of utter transparency. It deploys a Finite-Element-Analysis (FEA) optimized diffuser to ensure the tweeter only has the perfect on-axis and off-axis frequency response. That way everyone in your listening room gets the best performance. Likewise, since we share these design traits with both the Prime and Ultra speakers, both product lines can blend well with one another while offering that SVS hallmark ‘airy’ presentation and incredibly unveiled highs.
- We built our groundbreaking new 6.5” bass woofer on an all-new cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket for precise component alignment and an inert frame without resonances or added harmonics. Like all of the other drivers in the Prime family, the polypropylene cone is light and rigid to give a flat frequency response and the SPL necessary to keep up with the other drivers. Like all of the other woofers in the Prime and Ultra series, the 6.5” woofer uses aluminum shorting rings for reduced distortion, and a vented voice coil former to keep the motor assembly cool during high SPL playback. For perfect bass extension the cabinet is rear ported and tuned perfectly for the 6.5” woofer.
- 5-way binding posts
- 1.7” wide-flared rear-firing port
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet (adds 3mm to height)
- Cabinet Dimensions: 13.2" (H) X 8" (W) X 9.7" (D)
- Overall Dimensions: 13.3" (H) X 8" (W) X 10.3" (D) (includes grille and bumper feet)
- Shipped Dimensions-2 Pack: 17.6" (H) X 22.4" (W) X 14.4” (D)