SVS Ultra Surround - Immersive Surround Sound Experience
- High-definition movie and multi-channel music soundtracks demand a high-performance surround speaker. The Ultra Surround rises to the challenge, delivering immersive and thrilling surround sound effects rivaling the finest commercial cinemas. Finished in premium-grade piano gloss black and real black oak veneer, and featuring a compact driver array with 45-degree baffles and a shallow cabinet depth, the Ultra Surround integrates seamlessly into any upscale home theater.
For The Ultimate in Flexibility, The Ultra Surround Can Operate in Three Different Surround Sound Modes:
- Bipole - both sets of drivers in phase
- Dipole mode - both sets of drivers out of phase
- Duet mode - each set of drivers receives a discrete signal
Duet mode creates two separate speakers within one cabinet, allowing true 7-channel surround sound with just two surround speakers instead of the more common four. Duet mode is very useful for enthusiasts who want to experience discrete 7 channel surround sound, but who lack the space for a separate set of rear surround speakers.
The Ultra Surround also features an integral aluminum wall mounting bracket, with a safety catch feature which helps prevent the speaker from being inadvertently dislodged.
Dramatic Styling Yields Sonic Benefits
- The stylish Ultra Surround cabinet design yields numerous sonic benefits. The non-parallel cabinet panels reduce standing waves within the cabinet, effectively eliminating frequency response coloration. The wedge-shaped front baffles and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response. Even the grille design is FEA-optimized to maximize acoustic transparency.
Dual 1” Aluminum Dome Tweeter
- Utilizes an FEA-optimized diffuser which delivers a very open ‘airy’ presentation and extremely unveiled highs
- Delivers a sound stage so pure and free of artifacts that you'll swear the performers are in the room.
Dual 5.5” Woofer
- Delivers excellent midrange detail and radiated sound power with surprisingly punchy bass response:
- Composite glass-fiber cone with excellent stiffness/mass ratio which improves sensitivity and maintains pistonic behavior well beyond the pass-band of the driver
- Vented voice coil former to minimize air compression artifacts at high drive levels.
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and improve high frequency response.
- Cast aluminum basket to ensure precise alignment of critical components and enhance heat-sinking capacity.
- Dual independent gold-plated 5-way binding posts
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
- Frequency Response: 58 Hz - 32 kHz (±3 dB)
- Aluminum wall mounting bracket with safety catch feature to help prevent inadvertent removal
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet
- Cabinet Dimensions: 14” (H) x 12.3” (W) x 6.9” (D)
- Overall Dimensions: 14” (H) x 12.3” (W) x 7” (D) (with bracket)
- Shipped Dimensions: 19" (H) x 22" (W) x 17" (D)