An unrelenting passion for breathtaking bass performance and engineering perfection guided every aspect of the PB16-Ultra subwoofer’s development. Groundbreaking technology, rigorous design and extreme testing in real world and laboratory environments allowed SVS to achieve unmatched low frequency extension and output capabilities all while keeping it amazingly detailed and articulate. The culmination of all SVS design advancements, PB16-Ultra represents an incomparable bass experience, nothing else comes close.
Massive New 16” SVS Ultra Driver with Unprecedented 8” Edge Wound Voice Coil.
- When designing the biggest and most formidable driver ever used in an SVS subwoofer, it was of utmost importance to meet or exceed the same supreme standards of control and accuracy as every other subwoofer SVS manufactures. One huge advancement that allows the PB16-Ultra to handle the crushing force of a 16” driver is the 8” edge wound voice coil, the largest ever deployed in a consumer subwoofer. This innovation ensures ultra-low distortion and pinpoint control at the highest drive levels resulting in incredible output and low frequency extension. By nature, larger drivers are more difficult to control, but the unprecedented voice coil design ensures accuracy in frequency response and speed in transients without ever sounding boomy.
- Pushing the driver are four massive, dedicated toroidal ferrite magnets that unleash a staggering 95mm peak to peak Xmech excursion (82mm Xmax) and the highest levels of motor force and palpable SPLs. The light and rigid 16” Ultra driver cone consists of a premium fiberglass resin composite with optimal stiffness to mass ratio to maximize movement of air and sonic energy without ever distorting or losing control.
Stunningly Powerful, New Sledge Amplifier with Fully Discrete Mosfet Output and 1,500 Watts Continuous, 5,000+ Watts Peak Power.
- Conservatively rated at 1,500 watts continuous, 5,000+ watts peak power, the PB16-Ultra Sledge STA-1500D amplifier’s 64 Amp 200-Volt MOSFETs are the sonic muscle behind arguably the most powerful and highest fidelity subwoofer amplifier ever developed. Discrete MOSFET output unbridles the nearly limitless power in the Sledge amplifier and pushes the 16” driver to extreme levels of performance. They also represent an upgrade over the less robust integrated circuit output stages found in nearly all other Class D subwoofer amplifiers.
- Effortless power must be harnessed to ensure refined behavior and pristine output at the most demanding drive levels. To achieve this, the PB16-Ultra subwoofer uses the audio industry’s most advanced 50 MHz Analog Devices Audio DSP with 56bit filtering to handle the nearly limitless power, only unleashing the perfect amount of low frequency energy at just the right time.
Innovative New Smartphone App for Subwoofer DSP and Control.
- Compatible with Apple® and Android® platforms, the innovative PB16-Ultra smartphone app unleashes the full depth, force and nuance of the world’s finest subwoofer. The groundbreaking SVS subwoofer app controls all DSP functions and conveniently stores custom presets. It’s the easiest way ever to fine tune bass surpassing 16Hz at reference volumes from the comfort of your favorite seat.
- For added convenience, 2-way feedback shows updates in real time on both the app and subwoofer interface and Bluetooth connectivity allows adjustments to be made even when the subwoofer is not in sight. Control is also available via IR remote and an intuitive front panel display.
Acoustically Inert, Rigidly Braced Cabinet
- A subwoofer capable of creating such extreme levels of sonic energy requires a formidable cabinet design. The PB16-Ultra is built with a double thick MDF front baffle and rigid internal bracing to support the massive drive unit and to ensure an acoustically inert environment. The highly reinforced internal design eliminates any chance of coloration or resonance from the cabinet, even when the deepest low frequencies are played at reference sound pressure levels.
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Front-firing 16" driver
- Frequency Response: 15-280 Hz ± 3 dB (standard mode)
- Rear-mounted amplifier
- Triple front-firing flared high-flow ports
- Screw-in rubber feet
- Robust Medium Density Fiberboard(MDF) cabinet construction
- Cabinet Dimensions: 25" (H) x 21.7" (W) x 28.3" (D) (without grille)
- Cabinet Dimensions (with grille): 25” (H) X 21.7” (W) X 30.9” (D)
- Shipped Dimensions: 34.2" H X 27.5" W X 38.6" D