From the moment you feel the weight of the Prime Satellite Speaker, it becomes clear that no satellite speaker has ever offered this level of audiophile design, high-end components and precise build quality. Jets thunder through the sky. Bullets graze your ears. Prime Satellites simply outclass the tiny and tinny surround speakers designed to be more form than performer. Prime Satellites revolutionize surround speakers—in fact, they employ many of the same components as their bigger brothers in the Prime and Ultra lines.
Strategically placed, Prime Satellites create awe-inspiring realism and seamless sonic transitions from front- to-back and side-to-side. When the lights dim and the score fades in, they flood your room with dynamic audio realism and action. Painstakingly voiced and sonically matched, Prime Satellites are designed to blend with SVS towers, bookshelves, or in a system all their own for endless listening possibilities.
1” Aluminum Dome Tweeter
- The 1” Aluminum dome tweeter, which is light, efficient, and rigid, provides high SPL (Sound Pressure Level) with minimal distortion and the sense of utter transparency. It deploys a Finite-Element-Analysis (FEA) optimized diffuser to ensure the tweeter only has the perfect on-axis and off-axis frequency response. That way everyone in your listening room gets the best performance. Likewise, since we share these design traits with both the Prime and Ultra speakers, both product lines can blend well with one another while offering that SVS hallmark ‘airy’ presentation and incredibly unveiled highs.
- We built our groundbreaking new 4.5” bass woofer on an all-new cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket for precise component alignment and an inert frame without resonances or added harmonics. Like all of the other drivers in the Prime family, the polypropylene cone is light and rigid to give a flat frequency response and the SPL necessary to keep up with the other drivers. Like all of the other woofers in the Prime and Ultra series, the 4.5” woofer uses aluminum shorting rings for reduced distortion, and a vented voice coil former to keep the motor assembly cool during high SPL playback. For perfect bass extension the cabinet is rear ported and tuned perfectly for the 4.5” woofer.
- 5-way binding posts
- 1” wide-flared rear-firing port
- Frequency Response: 69 Hz - 25 kHz ± 4 dB
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet (adds 3mm to height)
- Keyway bracket for easy and convenient wall mounting (includes extra bumper pads for wall stand-off)
- Cabinet Dimensions: 8.75" (H) X 4.9" (W) X 6" (D)
- Overall Dimensions: 8.85" (H) X 4.9" (W) X 6.3" (D) (includes grille and bumper feet)
- Shipped Dimensions-2 Pack: 11.7" (H) X 13.9" (W) X 8.9" (D)