Delivering immersive, full-spectrum sound, the Prime Towers anchor an amazing listening experience. Their combination of both sonic accuracy and lively dynamics elevate movies to an immersive experience and the highlight the subtle nuances of your music. They are remarkable on their own in a two channel system, and in a home theater, the Towers’ voicing match and seamlessly meld with the other Prime or Ultra speakers in your system. The result: a suspension of reality that takes you to the center of the action—be it a mosh pit or jet fighter cockpit. Dialogue and vocals are clear and true. Bass grooves and explosions will rock the room. With Prime towers’ twin 6.5 inch woofers in each tower, you don’t need a stand-alone subwoofer if space won’t allow. (Should you have the room—and want the additional depth and dimension a dedicated subwoofer provides—Prime towers pair well with several SVS subwoofers, like the award-winning SB-2000.)
With a detailed aluminum dome tweeter, dedicated midrange driver and dual long-throw woofers, the Prime Tower effortlessly cranks out clean, dynamic and powerful sound.
The innovative and sophisticated 3.5-way crossover has different crossover points for each woofer to deliver seamless frequency response with effortless low frequency extension. Translation – awesome bass response and a smooth, seamless transition to the midrange.
SVS took the 3.5-way crossover concept a step further – each woofer has a dedicated and completely separate internal compartment with its own custom port tuning frequency. The result is effortless, deep bass you need to hear in person to fully appreciate.
Similarly, the 4.5” midrange driver is mounted in its own dedicated and completely sealed compartment to ensure a smooth, precise and clear midrange free from standing wave coloration.
All this tech is packed into a handsome and sleek cabinet available in premium-grade piano gloss black or handsome black ash finish.
1” Aluminum Dome Tweeter
- Light, efficient, and rigid, providing high SPL (Sound Pressure Level) with minimal distortion and the sense of utter transparency. It deploys a Finite-Element-Analysis (FEA) optimized diffuser to ensure the tweeter only has the perfect on-axis and off-axis frequency response. That way everyone in your listening room gets the best performance. Likewise, since we share these design traits with both the Prime and Ultra speakers, both product lines can blend well with one another while offering that SVS hallmark ‘airy’ presentation and incredibly unveiled highs.
4.5" Midrange Driver
- Dedicated to blending with the tweeter and the dual 6.5” woofers, while delivering natural, smooth, and clear vocals. The polypropylene cone is light and rigid to give a flat frequency response and the SPL necessary to keep up with the other drivers. Like all of the other woofers in the Prime and Ultra series, the 4.5” mid uses an aluminum shorting ring for reduced distortion, and a vented voice coil former to keep the motor assembly cool during high SPL playback. All of this is built on an all-new cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket for precise component alignment and an inert frame without resonances or added harmonics.
Dual 6.5" Woofers
- We built our groundbreaking new 6.5” bass woofers on an all-new cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket for precise component alignment and an inert frame without resonances or added harmonics. Like all of the other drivers in the Prime family, the polypropylene cone is light and rigid to give a flat frequency response and the SPL necessary to keep up with the other drivers. Like all of the other woofers in the Prime and Ultra series, the 6.5” woofers use aluminum shorting rings for reduced distortion, and vented voice coil formers to keep the motor assemblies cool during high SPL playback. For perfect bass extension each woofer is in its own rear-ported and individually tuned enclosure. This way each woofer works in symphony to achieve the deepest and cleanest bass possible.
- 5-way binding posts
- Dual 1.7” wide-flared rear-firing ports
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet (adds 3mm to height)
- Spiked metal screw-in feet included - adjustable for level
- Cabinet Dimensions: 36" (H) X 8" (W) X 11.1" (D)
- Overall Dimensions: 36.6" (H) X 8" (W) X 11.6" (D) (includes grille and feet)
- Shipped Dimensions: 41.3" (H) X 14.1" (W) X 17.3" (D)